Micronaut 1.2 release announcement
The Micronaut team at Object Computing, Inc. is excited to announce the release of Micronaut 1.2 RC1. This is the first release candidate of Micronaut’s 1.2 line and includes a number of significant new features including:
- Micronaut Security 1.2 with Support for OAuth 2.0 and OpenID Connect
- Improved Validation Support with Native, Reflection-free Bean Validation
- Environment Detection for Oracle Cloud
- Distributed Configuration with HashiCorp Vault
- … and many more improvements
The most significant new feature is the updated security module, which includes OpenID connect support that works with a variety of providers. Check out the Securing a Micronaut App with Okta guide, which demonstrates how to use Okta as the OpenID provider.
Validation also gets a significant upgrade with native support for bean-validation annotations without needing to pull in Hibernate Validator. This has numerous benefits, including reducing the JAR size of a Micronaut application, improving startup time, and eliminating reflection. Plus the new validation module now supports reactive flows!
Thanks to all those who contributed to the release, and we look forward to your feedback as we progress Micronaut 1.2 toward a GA release.