Community Code of Conduct
The Micronaut Foundation™ is a not-for-profit organization that serves to:
- Ensure technical innovation and advancement of the Micronaut framework as a free and open public-use software development toolkit for a growing global community
- Evangelize and promote the Micronaut framework as a leading technology in the JVM space
- Build and support an ecosystem of complementary documentation, functionality, and services
We are very pleased and grateful for our partnership with the Unity Foundation. The Unity Foundation™ is a non-profit, community-based organization that is using open source technology to bridge the digital divide in disadvantaged communities.
The Unity Foundation is committed to leveraging open source software tools to provide more inherently equitable access to the information and services that support the needs of the greater community, with a focus on the underserved. Unity develops and aggregates several open source tools and systems that can be used to develop custom software solutions to address the specific needs of different communities. By providing open and transparent access to these tools and resources, the Unity Foundation is working with a network of community partners to create more equitable access to technology and the internet.
The Micronaut Foundation, a subsidiary of the Unity Foundation, NP supports their mission and vision to collaborate with social service organizations and other support providers to develop grass-root, holistic, sustainable technology-based solutions that help uplift individuals in underserved communities. This partnership provides a meaningful alliance between Unity and our amazing community. We are excited for the opportunity to work closely with Unity to further develop an open source technology infrastructure and ecosystem supporting our underserved communities. As Unity continues its commitment to serve as an OSS aggregator, this will scale community participation in helping define, advance, and contribute to the ongoing success and sustainability of the Micronaut framework.
Together we believe that “all of us” is better than any one of us. We desire very simply to serve our community through partnering with other members of our community who also want to uplift and empower everyone. Together, we can ideate, prioritize, and build new or leverage existing technology and tools needed to address the digital divide.
Our Guiding Principles:
- Don’t reinvent the wheel
- Integrate into existing systems
- Adhere to standards
- Be industry-agnostic and applicable across domains where possible
- Be easily usable by individuals, organizations, and ecosystems
- Be guided by open principles
- Be transparent
- Embrace the joy in sharing by serving underserved communities
- Leverage open source technologies, through community partnerships, to empower and uplift communities
- Attempt to make open systems solutions accessible to communities and individuals to encourage participation, enable knowledge sharing, integration and uplift
Our commitment to the core values of IDEA:
As part of our commitment to empowering our global community, we help to ensure the continuity and advancement of several open source projects.
As a steward for the Micronaut open source community, the Foundation shares in the responsibility to communicate expectations, moderate public discourse, and respond to abuse as necessary. By outlining our mission, values, and what we expect within our community, we hope to help you understand how best to collaborate with us in public Micronaut forums.
Reports of abuse will be investigated, and reports of abuse may result in active moderation of any content that we determine to be in violation of these guidelines.
The primary purpose of Micronaut GitHub Discussions and Micronaut Discord is to discuss and collaborate on the Micronaut framework and related projects.
To help maintain a safe, respectful, and productive space for all community members, we expect everyone to adhere to the following guidelines.
- Be welcoming and open-minded
- Be respectful
- Be civil and professional
- Do not post offensive, abusive, or hate speech
- Do not harass anyone
- Treat others with respect and consideration
- Threats of violence
- Hate speech and discrimination
- Bullying and harassment
- Doxxing and invasions of privacy
- Sexual or violent messages or content
- Misinformation and disinformation
- Active malware or exploits
Responding to perceived violations of this policy
We cannot always actively monitor community channels for offensive content, so we rely on the community to let us know when an issue needs to be addressed. If you encounter content in one of these forums that you find objectionable or feel violates these guidelines, here are some tools to help you take action immediately:
- Communicate expectations
- Lock conversations
- Block the user
- Report the individual to:
Micronaut Foundation Board of Directors (firstname.lastname@example.org) for reports of abuse in the Micronaut Discord and Micronaut Github Discussions channels
When submitting a report, please include as many details as possible, including the individual’s name (or screen name), dates and times of the communications you found objectionable, and any actions you took to mediate the situation prior to reporting it.
Report follow-up procedures
We’ll review each abuse report on a case-by-case basis. In each case, our team will investigate the content and surrounding facts and respond as appropriate, using these guidelines to guide our decision.
Actions we may take in response to an abuse report include but are not limited to:
- Content removal
- Content blocking
- Account suspension
- Account termination