A Seamless Upgrade to Microservices in 4 Weeks
Open source Micronaut framework enables manufacturing giant to upgrade legacy system to microservice architecture in only 4 weeks
“Micronaut was a key enabler in successfully creating and deploying a web based engineering analysis tool for my company. Its ease of use and great documentation allowed us to produce a tool in an incredibly short period of time. Additionally, the tool has been rock solid since being deployed.”
– Client Spokesperson
A multinational manufacturer of spacecraft, commercial jetliners, fighter jets, rotorcraft, and military cybersecurity systems
Replace an obsolete legacy tool with a microservice solution that would deliver maximum performance, scalability, and availability, as well as the flexibility to rapidly deploy changes with minimum down time
The Micronaut framework also hosted the microservices used to perform the business logic.
Additional Technologies Employed
- JSON for communication between the SPA and microservices
Evidence of Success
The development process was smooth, implementation of the solution was seamless, and the application’s performance is exceptional.
- The developer was unfamiliar with the Micronaut framework, but the well-written and thorough documentation and freely available source code on GitHub provided everything he needed to get started and build the solution quickly.
- The application was developed in only 4 weeks.
- Initial load of the page is sub-second.
- Most interactive features of the application are handled in the browser. The remaining interactive features require calls to microservices, which respond sub-second.
- Updates are deployed with under 10 seconds down time because the Micronaut application starts in under 3 seconds.
- There were zero unplanned outages during development and implementation.