Micronaut 1.1 Released
April 11, 2019
Micronaut 1.1 includes a number of significant refinements since Micronaut's groundbreaking 1.0 release including:
- Support for GRPC
- Support for GraphQL
- Support for Google Cloud Platform (GCP) and Stackdriver Trace for distributed tracing
- Message-Driven Microservices with RabbitMQ
- A new BeanIntrospection API for reflection-free Bean introspection
- Support for AWS API Gateway and GraalVM Custom Runtime
- AWS Alexa Lambda support
- Native File Watch and Fast Server Restart
- New test templates for Micronaut Test
- Even faster cold start time and performance optimizations
- ... and many more features and refinements
Micronaut 1.1 makes it even simpler to build efficient, cloud-ready applications that are simultaneously easy to test, easy to containerize, and efficient.
To help you get started with Google Cloud Run we have prepared a couple of sample applications:
- A Hello World sample application that is ready to be deployed to Cloud Run using Jib and Google Container Registry.
- A second application that uses GraalVM native and Google Cloud Build to build and deploy a native image to Google Cloud Run.
Thank you to all who provided feedback during the extended RC phase of Micronaut 1.1, enjoy the release!