Micronaut 1.1 RC1 Releasedby Graeme Rocher
Micronaut 1.1 includes a number of significant refinements! Learn more about the release of Micronaut 1.1 RC1.
The Micronaut Team at Object Computing, Inc. is pleased to announce the release of Micronaut 1.1 RC1.
Micronaut 1.1 includes a number of significant refinements since Micronaut’s groundbreaking 1.0 release including:
- Support for GRPC
- Support for GraphQL
- Support for Google Cloud Platform (GCP) and Stackdriver Trace for distributed tracing.
- Message-Driven Microservices with RabbitMQ
- A new BeanIntrospection API for reflection-free Bean introspection
- Support for AWS API Gateway and GraalVM Custom Runtime
- AWS Alexa Lambda support
- Native File Watch and Fast Server Restart
- New test templates for Micronaut Test
- Even faster cold start time and performance optimizations
- … and many more features and refinements
In addition, Micronaut 1.1 RC1 includes massive improvements to support creating GraalVM native images including:
- Framework Improvements. Framework-level dynamic classloading and reflection has been completely removed, making it easier to get applications running on GraalVM
native-imageand reducing the number of customizations necessary.
- Build Time Reflection Data. Thanks to the aforementioned feature, the remaining reflective cases needed for third-party libraries have been replaced by build-time generation of
reflection-config.jsonfor classes that do require it.
- Simplified Image Generation. You can now generate a native image with just
native-image --class-path myjar.jarwithout any additional flags; Micronaut now computes the appropriate GraalVM configuration at compilation time.
I will be talking about Micronaut and these new features at Greach 2019 in Madrid, followed by Oracle Code Rome. See you there!