Micronaut 1.1 includes a number of significant refinements! Learn more about the release of Micronaut 1.1 RC1.
Micronaut 1.1 includes a number of significant refinements since Micronaut’s groundbreaking 1.0 release including:
- Support for GRPC
- Support for GraphQL
- Support for Google Cloud Platform (GCP) and Stackdriver Trace for distributed tracing.
- Message-Driven Microservices with RabbitMQ
- A new BeanIntrospection API for reflection-free Bean introspection
- Support for AWS API Gateway and GraalVM Custom Runtime
- AWS Alexa Lambda support
- Native File Watch and Fast Server Restart
- New test templates for Micronaut Test
- Even faster cold start time and performance optimizations
- … and many more features and refinements
In addition, Micronaut 1.1 RC1 includes massive improvements to support creating GraalVM native images including:
- Framework Improvements. Framework-level dynamic classloading and reflection has been completely removed, making it easier to get applications running on GraalVM
native-imageand reducing the number of customizations necessary.
- Build Time Reflection Data. Thanks to the aforementioned feature, the remaining reflective cases needed for third-party libraries have been replaced by build-time generation of
reflection-config.jsonfor classes that do require it.
- Simplified Image Generation. You can now generate a native image with just
native-image --class-path myjar.jarwithout any additional flags; Micronaut now computes the appropriate GraalVM configuration at compilation time.
I will be talking about Micronaut and these new features at Greach 2019 in Madrid, followed by Oracle Code Rome. See you there!